The government provides extra funding for primary school sport, known as the ‘Sports Premium’. Funding is allocated directly to schools with primary aged pupils, providing a dedicated resource to improve PE and sport provision.
We aim to increase both participation and opportunities to take part in/try new sports.
We were allocated £18,903 for 2019/20 and £18,888 for 2020-21.
Key achievements from last year's funding are shown below:
1. After school and lunchtime clubs maintained enabling engagement in regular physical activity.
2. School has a good reputation for PE and Sport through competing in intra and inter school sports events.
3. Using specialist coaches to raise quality of PE and enable teachers to up-skill through CPD.
4. New after school club in Cheerleading and new Breakfast Clubs every week allowing a greater range of sports available to children.
5. Competed in almost all available HPSSP events throughout the school year.
6. Successfully trained and recruited pupils to be sports leaders and Harpur Heroes
7. Achieved Silver Award.
We identified the following priorities for 2019/20:
1. Further develop intra school competitions.
2. Enhance and continue Harpur Heroes and develop current Year 4s to take over next year.
3. Ensure CPD is regular and broad in order to continue up-skilling staff.
4. Aim for more children who compete in HPSSP events during academic year.
5. Focus on PP and SEN groups participation rates based on last year’s percentages
6. Aim for 100% of Year 5s and 6s involved in inter school competitions