The government provides extra funding for primary school sport, known as the ‘Sports Premium’. Funding is allocated directly to schools with primary aged pupils, providing a dedicated resource to improve PE and sport provision.
We aim to increase both participation and opportunities to take part in/try new sports.
We have been allocated £18,968 for 2018/19
Key achievements from last year's funding are shown below:
- There is a range of after school and lunchtime clubs that enable engagement in regular physical activity.
- Our school has a good reputation for PE and sport.
- Using specialist sports coaches has enabled higher quality of PE.
- We now offer a broader range of sports – some new sports have been experienced (e.g. fencing and archery).
- Our pupils have competed in a range of tournaments throughout the year.
We have identified the following priorities for 2018/19:
- Further develop lunchtime provision – offer different sports, encourage more children to engage in a greater range of activities
- Develop the role of pupil sports leaders (Harpur Heroes)
- Use specialist coaches to train staff and develop their teaching of PE.
- Offer an even wider range of sports.
- Involve a wider group of children in tournaments.