Team Harpur is the school's parent and teacher association (PTA). Every parent is automatically a member of the Team Harpur, which is an umbrella organisation of parents and friends of the school, who work together to support it. This can be through fun events, fundraising, welcoming new parents to the school and occasionally, consultation meetings.
How does Team Harpur help the school?
In numerous ways! Fund-raising for important things such as:
- contributing each year towards the transport costs for school trips;
- paying for the school's text/email facility known as 'Teachers2Parents';
- buying each child a present for the Christmas parties;
- Easter egg hunts;
- paying for school discos;
- subsidising visitors fees (e.g. 'The Romans, The Victorians' and many more);
- enriching the curriculum and supporting children's learning;
- buying resources needed for the school.
Having a formal PTA also provides us with indemnity insurance for events that are run by Team Harpur.
Team Harpur Committee
To be voted at next AGM - Chair
Louise Mellor -Vice Chair
Catherine Moore - Treasurer
Vicky Cantrell and Hayley Yates - Joint Secretaries
One of the easiest ways to raise money for Harpur Hill Primary School is by logging on to the following website: www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/harpurhillpta/
2,700 retailers are registered and a percentage of what you spend will be donated to Harpur Hill Primary School's ‘Team Harpur’ at no additional cost to you.
REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 1033036