Equality and Diversity
At Harpur Hill Primary School we are committed to:
- promoting equality of opportunity;
- eliminating discrimination and harassment;
- valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships;
- providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential.
The Equality Act 2010
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (but only in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Aims of the School
The school motto
- are aspirational;
- enquire about the world;
- celebrate diversity.
Values and Beliefs
- have an entitlement to a quality education within a safe, attractive, clean and orderly learning environment;
- have access to a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum;
- enjoy learning, achieve high standards and reach their potential;
- be taught and supported by highly skilled and motivated staff;
- be valued, respected and treated fairly;
- show tolerance and respect towards others;
- receive praise and encouragement and grow in confidence;
- be responsible for their own learning and behaviour;
- understand the need for good personal relationships and healthy living;
- have access to a range of extended schools services including out of hours sports, arts and musical activities;
- be enabled to make a positive contribution to the community and the wider world.
Staff and governors demonstrate our values and commitment to equality by
- ensuring and encouraging acceptable behaviour;
- responding to incidents and complaints in a proactive way;
- recruiting and employing people fairly.
Equality Objectives 2020-21
We have three main equality objectives for the school year:
- To promote pupils' social and cultural development through appropriate curricular opportunities, with particular emphasis on promoting equality and diversity.
- To narrow the gap between boys and girls in writing by the end of KS2.
- To diminish the difference in attainment between disadvantaged and non disadvantaged pupils.
Equality and Diversity Policy
For more information about how our school promotes equality and diversity, including the relevant statutory legislation and how this effects our employment practices, click on the link below: