Welcome to our school
A very warm welcome to Harpur Hill Primary School. We aim to provide excellent teaching and learning experiences to enable our young people to be prepared for life.
Our school motto, sums up our vision for our whole school community.
At Harpur Hill we aim to provide:
- A learning community where all children can achieve their best.
- Excellent and inspiring teaching that enables children to reach the highest standards.
- An engaging, skills-based curriculum, taught through rich social and cultural experiences, locally relevant yet globally aware.
We have good relationships with our families and wider community. We work in partnership to ensure our children enjoy coming to school and engage well with their learning. If you would like to arrange a visit and wish to find out more about our school, please get in touch.
We hope our school website is useful to you and that you enjoy finding out more about our wonderful school.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR IN THE SCHOOL GROUNDS! ONLY USE THE MAIN ENTRANCE IF YOUR CHILD HAS A MEDICAL APPOINTMENT OR IS LATE. THANK YOU!
Latest School Diary Events
- Animal Magic27Mar2017
Our reception children will be given the opportunity to handle and learn about different animals
- Drinking water workshop for Miss Andrew's class28Mar2017
- Sporthall Athletics @ Chesterfield - parents advised28Mar2017
8:15 am - 3:30 pm
- Buxton Junior School's Science Club28Mar2017
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm @ Buxton Junior School with a teacher from Harpur Hill Primary School present
The topic will be “SOS: Save our Snow!” We will be learning about carbon dioxide, it’s properties and environmental impact.
- Five Sixty Sessions31Mar2017
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Last session giving advice on healthy eating and exercise for our Year 5 children
- Reception Parent/Carers' "Stay and Play"03Apr2017
2:15 pm - 04 apr, 3:20 pm
Our reception parents are invited to come to school and join in with some Easter activities. There will be a sheet in the Reception cloackroom where you can sign up for your preferred afternoon.
- KS2 SAT's meeting for parents 3pm and 5pm04Apr2017
- Full Governing Body meeting04Apr2017
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Musical Evening - details to follow06Apr2017
- Open the Book assembly for the whole school06Apr2017