Welcome to our school - A very warm welcome to Harpur Hill Primary School. We aim to provide excellent teaching and learning experiences to enable our young people to be prepared for life.
Our school motto, sums up our vision for our whole school community.
At Harpur Hill we aim to provide:
- A learning community where all children can achieve their best.
- Excellent and inspiring teaching that enables children to reach the highest standards.
- An engaging, skills-based curriculum, taught through rich social and cultural experiences, locally relevant yet globally aware.
We have good relationships with our families and wider community. We work in partnership to ensure our children enjoy coming to school and engage well with their learning. If you would like to arrange a visit and wish to find out more about our school, please get in touch.
Dear Parents/Carers, we are now into the final stages of the consultation to extend our age range to 3 year olds from September, enabling us to open a school nursery. Please click on the links: Statutory Notice
If you are interested in using the school nursery, please complete the questionnaire and return to the school office. Thank you
We hope our school website is useful to you and that you enjoy finding out more about our wonderful school
PLEASE DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR IN THE SCHOOL GROUNDS! ONLY USE THE MAIN ENTRANCE IF YOUR CHILD HAS A MEDICAL APPOINTMENT OR IS LATE. THANK YOU!
Latest School Diary Events
- Matlock Area Schools Trust23Jun2017
M.A.S.T. whole school assembly, (based on bible stories).
- Year 5 and a few Year 6's brass concert23Jun2017
9:30 am - 9:55 am
Parents to be advised
- Sports Day for KS1 and EYFS26Jun2017
- Swimming, drowning awareness26Jun2017
Assembly, talk by staff from Buxton Swimming Pool
- Sports Day for Reception pupils27Jun2017
- Year 3 trip to the National Stone Centre @ Wirksworth27Jun2017
A detailed letter has been sent to all parents and carers
- September's new starters visit school28Jun2017
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Year 5 pupils to join in with a girl/boy talk about body changes and any worries they may have28Jun2017
- Year 6 pupils to watch a "Living and Growing" dvd28Jun2017
- Sports Day for Junior pupils29Jun2017