The government provides extra funding for primary school sport, known as the ‘Sports Premium’. Funding is allocated directly to schools with primary aged pupils, providing a dedicated resource to improve PE and sport provision. Schools have the freedom to choose how they use the funding, but the aim is to build a sustainable model of improved provision for PE and sport.
We aim to increase both participation and opportunities to take part in/try new sports.
We have been allocated £15,072 for 2017/18
Uses of the funding from September 2017:
- Specialist Sports coach to teach some of the PE lessons in KS1 and KS2
- Lunchtime sessions with sports coach running sports clubs - Different sports and year groups will be rotated to maximise opportunity and participation.
- Specialist Sports Coach to deliver extra training sessions for teams competing in tournaments
- Transport to sporting events/competitions
- After school clubs such as Dance, Basketball, Football and Multi-sports for KS1 and KS2 children.
- Staff training to improve the teaching of specific areas of sports.
- New sport equipment for P.E. lessons and lunchtime activities.