PE Primary School Sport in England
The government have announced increased funding for primary school sport, known as the ‘Sport Premium’. Funding will be allocated directly to schools with primary aged pupils, for two years, providing a dedicated resource to improve PE and sport provision. Schools have the freedom to choose how they use the funding, but the aim is to build a sustainable model of improved provision for PE and sport.
We aim to increase participation and opportunity to take part in/try new sports.
We have been allocated £19,032 for 2017/18
Uses of the funding from September 2017 are:
- Specialist Sports coach to teach some of the PE lessons in KS1 and KS2
- Lunchtime sessions with sports coach running sports clubs - Different sports and year groups will be rotated to maximise opportunity and participation.
- Specialist Sports Coach to deliver extra training sessions for teams competing in tournaments
- Transport to sporting events/competitions
- After school clubs such as Dance, Basketball, Football and Multi-sports for KS1 and KS2 children.
- Staff training to improve the teaching of specific areas of sports.
- New sport equipment for P.E. lessons and lunchtime activities.